The first year of a cat’s life is equivalent to 10 years in a human’s life. The second year is equivalent to 5 human years. Thereafter one year is equivalent to 4 human years.
- Annual comprehensive physical examination
- Vaccinations: as needed for lifestyle of family pet.
- Ova and parasite testing – for outdoor and patio cats. Recommended annually. Worms and protozoa are common in our area.
- Blood work and urinalysis: These tests screen for liver, kidney and urine abnormalities. Blood protein and blood cells are also evaluated with this test.
- Feline Leukemia and FIV Testing
- Testing is recommended every two years for outside/patio cats or cats that have had a history of being outside or have come from an outside source.
- Leukemia vaccine – recommended for all outdoor cats